Camtasia Studio

 

📝My reflection on Camtasia Studio

Camtasia Studio is two products in one, the screen recorder and video maker and editor. It is capable of creating powerful, interactive, and professional videos that can be used for a wide range of educational purposes. Camtasia (formally Camtasia Studio) is a software suite, it is created and published by TechSmith, and it is used for creating video tutorials and presentations directly through the screen-cast or through direct recording. Camtasia is used by anyone that plans on recording videos and needs a product that is capable of recording the computer screen; it can be used in making YouTube videos, educational presentations, marketing projects, and sales presentations. It is easy to use program where it provides users to create or edit recording videos as per their plans and ideas.





To proceed with the software, I went through the notes that my tutor has sent in a telegram group chat on how to install Camtasia. I also get help from my friend who had an idea on how to go with the software. I watched relevant videos on YouTube to boost my knowledge of the process and use of Camtasia studio. After watching several video tutorials on the Camtasia studio I practiced on my laptop several times. I tried to record my presentation and record audio by following the procedure given in the videos. Finally, after practicing several times I become confident in using the Camtasia studio software. I acquired lots of knowledge and information from the various videos and articles on the usage of Camtasia studio and finally I was in the position to use it successfully.

 

What I have learned from Camtasia studio?

After using Camtasia Studio I found that it is one of the most effective and productive software that we can use in our teaching and learning. We can make powerful lesson plans, record what is on your screen, then edit our video lessons the way we want. Keep a personal touch with the screen or your webcam. Share videos securely with your class or just one student. I also learned to record the screen, capture the live video tutorial, add narration voice (record our own voice), edit video clip, add voice clip, add or insert animation, add text, add sound or audio files, and add or insert images. We can develop attractive and interesting video lessons to get the attention of our learners and make them understand better. As all learners are born with different abilities and intelligence so, in this situation, some will learn visually while some will learn best through narration on the screen. 

I found that screen-casting has emerged as a prominent teaching tool on the Internet. There are several advantages for both the teacher and the student. For the teacher, a screen-cast is an efficient and effective means of describing a step-by-step process, explaining a particular concept, or presenting a PowerPoint presentation with narration. Teachers have the ability to craft succinct and concise presentations because each screen-cast can be edited. The inclusion of video-based instruction in online environments, such as screen-casting, can have positive effects on student learning and can be pedagogically equivalent to their face-to-face instruction counterparts. For the student, screen-casting allows them to learn by example, seeing for instance a step-by-step sequence in great detail or viewing a screencast video directly related to lesson content. In addition, students can watch a screencast video anytime, anywhere, and have complete control of the lesson, which means they review any part of the presentation as needed. Screen casts can be delivered via streaming or downloaded in their entirety for later viewing. Therefore, Camtasia studio is a powerful tool that we can use in our classroom teaching and learning to enhance and engaging learning experiences.

 

Following are the steps that I have used in making my video tutorial:

First I designed my teaching lesson on the topic “Latitude and Longitude” for class V, social studies. After done with the presentation, I added sound and audio using the following step: I choose or selected the insert audio option. Then I browsed the audio clip/sound from the destination source(desktop). After that, I selected the particular audio you want to insert. Then I clicked on the OK button and I dragged the audio clip to show the timeline. I made adjustments to the audio. I added or inserted images, animations, and texts in my presentation. I click on the "Add-In" button. Now we can click on the "record" button. In the fourth stage, I start recording my presentation. To record "click to begin recording" button. And then I started recording the presentation. After done narrating all the presentation slides, then I clicked on the "Esc" escape button to stop my recording. After clicking to stop recording, the file will display  to save and edit. I saved my file on desktop. Now we need to choose the product option for your recording and click to OK button. After that Camtasia working interface will appear. Drag the recorded video clip to the plus (+) sign area and click the OK button. Finally, after my recorded video was ready, then I clicked on "produce and share" option. I gave the file name "My video tutorial on Latitude and Longitude" and saved the video file on desktop. Finally, I clicked on the finished button after completing my project to 100%.

 


THANKYOU




 

Comments